Ensures that the facility and facility equipment is operating and is constantly in well-maintained condition. Operate and maintain mechanical equipment such as generators, motors, boilers, chillers, and HVAC equipment. Maintain electrical systems, lighting fixtures, and electrical components of machinery and equipment. Install temporary utilities as events dictate.
Example of Duties:
- Perform General Repairs on the building. (I.E. Drywall & Paint patches, pluming maintenance & repairs. PVC & Copper)
- Service & maintain lighting fixtures while keeping an organized inventory of supplies. (I.E. Light bulbs.)
- Manage facility carpet cleaning program along with maintenance & service of carpet cleaning systems.
- Maintain & repair custodial equipment. (I.E. Vacuums & Floor Cleaners.)
- Visually inspect equipment at periodic intervals to detect malfunctions or need for repair, adjustment or lubrication.
- Diagnose and replace malfunctioning apparatus and components such as transformers, motors, relays, switches, and lighting fixtures and replace damaged or broken wires and cables.
- Record operation and maintenance actions taken during shift in operator logbook.
- Support conference center events by temporarily installing and dismantling utilities (I.E. electrical & audio/visual) as events dictate.
- Support conference center client needs for events. (I.E. Hanging banners, moving materials, etc…)
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor, which include assisting other departments with regard to maintenance and event services.
Education and Experience:
- 1 -3 years experience in a convention center, hotel, hospital or equivalent preferred.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, blueprints, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Knowledge of computer applications including Word, Excel, and Access is preferred.
- Ability to lift 50lbs and climb stairs.
- Knowledge of boom lifts, scissor lifts and fork lifts.
- Posses a valid Utah driver license.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, feel or operate objects, tools, or controls and reach with hands and arms. The employee frequently is required to stand and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to walk; sit; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The employee frequently works near moving mechanical parts and is frequently exposed to wet and/or humid conditions and vibration. The employee occasionally works in high, precarious places and is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, and risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is moderately loud.
Weber County is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To request an accommodation or for technical assistance please call us at 801-399-8623